Your Itinerary In Detail
Wednesday 11th September 2024
Ferry from Rosslare to Bilbao
Welcome to the Basque Country
Catalonia Gran Vía Bilbao for 4 nights
Your room: Deluxe Terrace Room
Thursday 12th September 2024
A Dog-Friendly Guide to Bilbao
- Mr Marvellous – This bar serves a small selection of larger plates on top of the usual pintxos, and their house white Rioja is divine! It’s not huge, but there are some tables out the back where you can have a bit more space with your pup.
- Morrocotuda – This lovely café comes with its own house-dogs who inhabit an area at the back of the place. With delicious sandwiches, meats and a good beer selection, this is a good option for lunch. Their Dalmatian is boss-dog and loves a bit of attention.
- La Roca – This bar and restaurant has a great separate bar area, perfect for dogs. Stop by for a pre-dinner g&t and some top-quality pintxos too.
- Culmen – This tiny bar on Plaza Nueva doesn’t have any indoor seating, but the outdoor plaza seating is wonderful and your dog is sure to get fussed by the staff.
- Artxanda Funicular – Whilst you wouldn't expect a funicular to be dog-friendly, this funicular up to Mount Artxanda has a dog-friendly compartment. This long funicular takes you up to the Mount Artxanda lookout, which allows you to see the whole of Bilbao. It is an instagrammers paradise too, with helpful ‘Bilbao / Bilbo’ signs along the perimeter.
- Riverfront Walk – Bilbao has developed the waterfront along the Nervión River & Bilbao Estuary, making it a gorgeous place to walk. Perfect for a jog or morning walk with your pup, there is lots of public art and seating areas too. The Zubizuri pedestrian bridge is a lovely feature too.
- Shopping – you will find that many non-food shops will allow you in with your dog, but it is always worth asking "con perro?" (with dog?) where they will give you the green light to come in. If you have a smaller dog, then you will find you won't need to ask!
- Trains & Trams – Dogs of any size can ride the trams and local commuter trains, provided they are on a leash or in a transporter bag.
- Bilbo Buses – Only dogs in carriers or bags are allowed.
- Bilbao Metro – No dogs over 8kgs are allowed, and they must not touch the floor or use up a seat on the metro.
- Taxis – Aitziber Taxis proudly offer dog-friendly taxis, but it is best to book in advance to ensure you can be accommodated.
Saturday 14th September 2024
Bizkaia Coast, Countryside and Gernika Tour | Private
Sunday 15th September 2024
Drive from Bilbao to Bordeaux
Château Grand Barrail Hôtel for 4 nights
Wednesday 18th September 2024
Chateau Wine Tasting - Bordeaux' Vineyards | Private
Thursday 19th September 2024
Drive from Bordeaux to San Sebastian
Catalonia Donosti for 3 nights
Your room: Terrace Room with Sea View
Saturday 21st September 2024
San Sebastian Gourmet Pintxos Tour | Private
Sunday 22nd September 2024
Drive from San Sebastian to Bilbao
Ferry from Bilbao to Rosslare
Your itinerary includes
- Ferry Crossing to/from Bilbao with Brittany Ferries
- Upgraded Pet-friendly cabin throughout
- Premium Lounge Access to/from
- 4/5* Accommodation as listed
- Upgraded Rooms throughout
- Spa & Wellness stays
- Private Tours as listed
- Dog-friendly to a degree (please read tour description notes)
- 24/7 emergency concierge service
It is important to seek independent and up-to-date advice when travelling to any foreign country. Many of our customers ask us to keep them up-to-date on the existing legal position regarding LGBT rights in the country to which they are travelling. You can find up-to-date details on our website under the country which you are travelling to. They are provided as a guide only and laws can change frequently. You should seek advice from the relevant authorities and embassies before travel (if applicable).
Travel Insurance and Terms and Conditions
It is a condition of booking with Out Of Office that you have adequate insurance cover for your trip at the time of booking. Please also ensure you have referred to our terms and conditions which can be found at www.outofoffice.com/terms-and-conditions. Please note that as each booking is tailor-made for you we only confirm the itinerary once we have received a deposit. There is a small chance that availability on some items quoted may change. If this is the case we will book similar accommodation and let you know.