Famous for its world-class wine, food, and scenery, France is only a short trip away but can create a lifetime of memories. An extremely gay-friendly country, it is home to some of the most influential writers, thinkers and painters as well as one of the most romantic cities in the world, France is best enjoyed with company to soak up all it has to offer – luckily, with our group trips, you never have to worry about who will feature in your iconic Eiffel Tower pictures. Try Burgundy for its famous wine or a cruise through Provence for a true taste of the French lifestyle.
Our Best Trips To France
- From 7 days - Tailor-made from £Spend a week exploring one of Europe’s great rivers, sailing from Switzerland through France, Germany and then Holland. The trip will end in Amsterdam in time for Amsterdam Pride with its famed Canal Boat Parade. You’ll see all the highlights...View Itinerary
- From 7 days - Tailor-made from £2100France is one of the most visited countries in the world for a reason. It has a bit of everything, from gay Paris, to the French Riviera to the medieval charms of Normandy. You can spend a lifetime exploring France....View Itinerary
- From 8 days - Tailor-made from £Sail around France in style on board The Amadeus Diamond. You’ll discover the charms of the world’s most visited country as you sail on its most famous river, the Seine. The ship was built in 2009. It’s a new jewel...View Itinerary
More Trips to France
- Departs on
- 21st November 2022
Hop on board The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express and take a trip to a more glamorous time. The shimmering vintage carriages of the train bring to life golden age of luxury train travel. Belmond was founded by James B Sherwood in 1977....
- Departs on
- 29th July 2023
Spend a week exploring one of Europe’s great rivers, sailing from Switzerland through France, Germany and then Holland. The trip will end in Amsterdam in time for Amsterdam Pride with its famed Canal Boat Parade. You’ll see all the highlights...
France is one of the most visited countries in the world for a reason. It has a bit of everything, from gay Paris, to the French Riviera to the medieval charms of Normandy. You can spend a lifetime exploring France....
Join a luxury gay cruise and sail the Mediterranean on board the Royal Clipper, the only five-masted, full-rigged sailing ship. It’s a suitably glamorous vessel to be sailing in as we explore the most glamorous places in the Mediterranean. We’ll...
Discover France on a luxury gay river cruise beginning in Paris. We’ll explore the City of Lights, from the bustling streets of Le Marais to the catacombs below ground. It’ll then be time to transfer to Lyon where you’ll board...
- Departs on
- 24th May 2023
Sail around France in style on board The Amadeus Diamond. You’ll discover the charms of the world’s most visited country as you sail on its most famous river, the Seine. The ship was built in 2009. It’s a new jewel...
- Departs on
- 5th October 2022
- 8th October 2022
- 13th October 2022
- 17th October 2022
- 19th October 2022
- 26th October 2022
- 31st October 2022
- 3rd November 2022
- 9th November 2022
- 16th March 2023
- 22nd March 2023
- 29th March 2023
Embark on the world-famous Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train on an overnight journey from London to Venice. With its renowned vintage carriages and exquisite cuisine accompanied with fine wines, a trip on board this luxury train is one you’ll cherish for a...
A gay group trip for those who like a challenge: take a beautiful biking tour with other gay men through Provence, France through winding country roads, past poppy fields, vineyards, old farmhouses, castle, quaint little villages and much more. Learn about...
Truly an amazing trip around the Burgundy region of France with a group of other gay cyclists. Take in charming, little villages and towns, go wine-tasting in one of the most famous wine regions in the world, visit the castles,...
The Loire Valley is dotted with stunning palaces. For over 200 years, France’s kings sought to outdo each other with ever grander building projects. We’ll visit Chenonceau where Henry III, France’s queerest king, hosted epic drag parties. On our travels, we’ll...
Discover the three major capital cities of Europe. There is so much history and culture to discover it can be overwhelming. This itinerary will ensure that you see the major sights, taste the best food and learn about three countries...
A once-in-a-lifetime experience to sail the beautiful Cote d’Azur. Sail the beautiful French Riviera on your private yacht seeing the splendid sights of Cannes, stopping at the beautiful Saint Tropez to explore its incredible beaches. Indulge in the laid back...
Paris has long been associated with decadence and romance. Many femme fatales have cast their spell over the city and their names are now infamous. Madame de Pompadour, Marie Antoinette, Coco Chanel and Colette are just some of the ladies of...
Experience the best of the French Riviera with this premium itinerary. Enjoy staying on the shores of the Mediterranean, in the heart of this beautiful coastal and mountain resort. Explore Monte Carlo, Cannes, Monaco and Nice with private tours, the...
You haven’t “done” Europe until you’ve acquainted yourself with its two most influential cities. In London, you’ll see everything from Buckingham Palace to the bustling streets of Soho. Paris is only a short train ride away. In the French capital,...
This itinerary will give you the chance to explore Paris and then take to the vineyards of Provence. You’ll go truffle hunting, explore Medieval castles and taste the finest foods and wines. Local experts will guide you round the streets of...
France boasts a great artistic heritage. By the middle of the 19th-century Paris was the undisputed epicentre of art and fashion. All other European countries looked on with envy. From the galleries of Paris to the chateaus of the Loire Valley,...
Luxury Hotels in France
Getting to France
Fly to Paris or take the Eurostar to various cities such as Lille or Disneyland Paris. France is well connected through a series of regional airports throughout the central region and the popular South of France.
When you think of France, romance, food and art springs to mind. Whether you head to Paris for a romantic city break or visit the South for long sunny days whilst surrounded by acres of vineyards, or a snowy ski holiday in the Alps, France pretty much has it all. The capital city is a must visit and with it being only a 2 and a half Eurostar train ride away from London. Of course, you must visit the Eiffel Tower, the Arc De Triomphe, the Notre Dame and the Louvre, but Paris has so much more to offer. The fantastic cuisine, the art galleries, the shopping and the laid-back French lifestyle is wonderful to experience.
You’ll find many of the world’s greatest artistic treasures in Paris. You can also explore regions such as Normandy in the north with its charming Medieval capital, Rouen. In the south you can enjoy the warm weather and high life of the French Riviera. France is the most visited country on earth for a reason.
France became a byword for elegance and sophistication during the Early Modern period. Most European countries used French as the lingua franca. Madame de Pompadour said, “My pleasure is not to think about the gold in my coffers but to spend it.” Marie Antoinette took her advice to heart. Napoleon may have met his Waterloo but France’s dominant role in fashion and the arts remains. This is the land of haute couture, after all. Let them eat cake… but maybe steak tartare and a bottle of Burgundy first.
Gay people in France live quite openly. It’s a country that’s fundamentally conservative but with a strong libertarian, even libertine tendency. Homosexual activity has raged far more visibly in French history than in many other countries. This is a country where presidents can conduct open affairs and still stay in office. Sexual adventurism is considered to be the norm in much of France.
- January13-7°C - 8°CIn January, temperatures nationwide are cold. In Paris, the daily average is around 5°C but in the mountains, the daily average is around -5°C (dependent on how high up you are, higher altitudes will be colder than this).
- February13-8°C - 7°CFebruary is the coldest month of the year with a daily average of -6°C in the mountains and 4°C in Paris. February is the best month to go skiing as there will be plenty of snowfall and due to the cold temperatures, conditions will be ideal.
- March23-5°C - 9°CTemperatures in March start to increase slightly. If you are wanting to go skiing, then there will still be plenty of snow, however, resorts which are higher up will have better snow conditions. In Paris, the daily average is 9°C
- April223-1°C - 11°CApril is the last month of the ski season, snow conditions will be at their worst due to temperatures increasing causing the snow to melt. In Paris, there is also an increase in temperature with a daily average of around 11°C.
- May338°C - 20°CMay time is ideal for visiting Paris since it is still outside of peak season but weather wise, it's not too hot but not cold either. The Alps are not just good winter destinations. If you like hiking and mountain biking, many of the resorts have summer seasons which are perfect if you want an active outdoorsy holiday.
- June3314°C - 27°CJune is coming into peak season with temperatures getting a lot warmer. In the south, daily averages reach around 25°C with very little rainfall.
- July33316°C - 30°CJuly is one of the hottest months with daily averages in Paris reaching 23°C and in the south reaching 27°C. Enjoy the long hot lazy days.
- August33316°C - 31°CLike July, August brings beautiful long, hot sunny days nationwide. With the weather being so good, August is also one of the most expensive months.
- September3313°C - 21°CSeptember is a lovely time to visit, with there being very little rainfall and lovely warm temperatures. It's not as hot as August which makes it a good month to visit Paris if you don't like sightseeing in the scorching heat!
- October3328°C - 16°COctober is where there is a noticeable drop in temperature. Averages in Paris are around 14°C but it has known to get quite cold in previous years. It can also get quite rainy in October.
- November321-2°C - 11°CIn November temperatures continue to fall with daily averages reaching 7°C. In the high ski resorts snow will start to fall, but not enough for ski lifts to open.
- December113-6°C - -8°CDecember is a beautiful month. With light dustings of snow in the lower down parts of France and snow covered mountains in the Alps. With the snow brings cold temperatures so make sure you wrap up warm.
What Everyone Does In France
Since it is so easy to get to Paris is a great city break. Catch the Eurostar from Kings Cross St Pancras to Paris (which takes on two and a half hours) and you’re there! Spend three to four days visiting the main sites and enjoy the French art de Vivre (art of living).
What Some People Do In France
Skiing is a great holiday for the family, friends or even by yourself. The French Alps is one of the best places to ski, and the large number of resorts means skiing is available to everyone no matter what ability you are. The fresh mountain air, the slope side restaurants and most importantly the French apres will make your holiday fantastic (along with the skiing!).
What No One Else Does In France
Quite often overshadowed by other sunny destinations, but the south of France is actually a wonderful summer holiday spot. The French Riviera is particularly beautiful. Why not venture on a little road trip and visit idyllic Aix-en-Provence, buzzing Marseille and gorgeous Saint Tropez.
From the Blog
Gay Group Trip: Basel to Amsterdam Pride River Cruise
Planning a gay sailing trip for 2022 but don’t know where to begin? We have you covered. Here are our top luxury gay sailing holidays for 2022 and beyond, from Mediterranean cruises to dreamy trips down the Nile. Some destinations
You’re planning the dream honeymoon and wedding. You want a destination with stunning landscapes, romantic hotels, great cuisine, perfect weather and loads of culture. And let’s be honest, you want to look good on Instagram. Where would the ideal place
Matera is the 2019 European Capital Of Culture. Perched above a ravine in the region of Basilicata, it’s one of the most beautiful and enigmatic cities Europe. It’s also Italy’s best-kept secret, having only emerged as a tourist destination in