Fashion, food, wine, history, and culture – Italy has it all. Whether you’re looking to whisk your partner away on a romantic trip along Venice’s famous waterways, indulge yourself with authentic Italian food and wine in Tuscia, or simply experience some of Italy’s most famous works of art, we can make you an offer you can’t refuse.
Call our travel experts on+44 (0)20 7157 1570
Our Best Trips To Italy
- From 11 days - Tailor-made from £1429Discover magical Italy in this incredible tour that takes in Naples, Pompeii and the island of Capri. Staying in beautiful accommodation you’ll visit some of Italy’s most beautiful towns, cities and the stunning island of Capri. See Pompeii which Mount...View Itinerary
- From 10 days - Tailor-made from £1589Italy is a country with so much to see that one visit never feels like enough. This itinerary will, however, take you across the country to visit Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome so you’re taking in some of the best...View Itinerary
- From 8 days - Tailor-made from £2995Lake Como and Lake Garda are among the most romantic destinations on earth. Ideal for a honeymoon, gay or straight, this itinerary takes in both of Italy’s famous Lombardy region lakes. With stays at both Lake Como and Lake Garda,...View Itinerary
Trips to Italy
This wonderful gay yoga group trip to Puglia is the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind and let your mind, body and soul revitalised. You will be spending a week in a beautiful boutique hotel and your days will include...
Join this gay group trip in Puglia in Italy which is renowned for its tradition and being a region of culinary excellence. With its mountain towns near to seaside villages, you’ll also find stunning properties, castles and cave homes that...
Enjoy stunning bike rides along Salento’s coastline and explore the city on this wonderful gay group trip. Enjoy delicious Italian cuisine and appreciate Italian culture at its finest. Head out on a Kayak tour where you will paddle along the...
This wonderful food and wine tour allows you to discover the classic cuisine of Puglia. It is not like classic Italian food, Puglia has Mediterranean influences and is always based on seasonal produce. Using the ingredients available and creating exciting...
Gay Italy: The Amalfi Coast is by far one of the most beautiful pieces of landscape that you could ever witness in your life, whilst the Puglia region of Italy is home to some of the most lovely beaches and...
- Departs on
- 10th October 2020
- 24th October 2020
Italian cuisine is world-famous. This luxury tour will give you the chance to indulge your senses in Salento – picture the boot shape of Italy, it’s on the heel. We’ll see the key sites in the local area and enjoy...
Embark on the world-famous Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train on an overnight journey from London to Venice. With its renowned vintage carriages and exquisite cuisine accompanied with fine wines, a trip on board this luxury train is one you’ll cherish for a...
This gay group trip will show you a part of the world still deeply connected to the distant past. Puglia is the so-called heel of Italy’s “boot”. You’ll see olive oil mills from Roman times, farming methods that remain unchanged for centuries,...
Discover the birthplace of opera, Italy. You’ll be visiting three great cities, Venice, Verona and Milan. As well as dining on the finest Italian food, you’ll visit the iconic watery streets of Venice, the fashion boutiques of Milan and sail...
Join a luxury gay group cycling trip around Puglia and experience Italy in style. You’ll be working up a sweat on your bike – so you can eat as much guilt-free Italian food as you like. On the way, you’ll...
Join a luxury gay cruise and sail the Mediterranean on board the Royal Clipper, the only five-masted, full-rigged sailing ship. It’s a suitably glamorous vessel to be sailing in as we explore the most glamorous places in the Mediterranean. We’ll...
Join esteemed Professor Andrew Lear and discover the gay history of Italy. From the homoerotic artworks of ancient Rome and the Renaissance, you’ll see that same-sex love has been a topic of fascination for many of the greatest artists. From...
Join a gay cycling tour and discover the Italian region of Puglia from north to south. This is a great way to discover the food, wine, art and architecture that makes Italy so glorious. You’ll visit ancient Roman olive groves, kayak along...
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful parts of Italy. We’ll begin in the scenic coastal town of Sorrento overlooking the Bay of Naples. From here, we’ll make our way to the island of Capri, famed for its...
Cycle around one of the most charming parts of Italy with a group of gay travellers. You’ll see stunning landscapes, eat world-class cuisine and visit medieval villages. Our trip will begin in Florence, perhaps the greatest art city in Europe....
Discover three great Italian cities on a one week tour. You’ll discover the magic of the Eternal City – including the Colosseum – see the heritage of the Roman empire and the treasures of the Vatican. So much of world...
- Departs on
- 31st October 2020
Discover some of the finest and least touristy destinations in southern Italy. You’ll be staying in luxury accommodation throughout the trip, and discovering the sophisticated food and drink specific to the area. You’ll be visiting UNESCO World Heritage destinations, including...
- Departs on
- 10th July 2021
Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean and it’s packed with culture and history. The tour focuses on Eastern Sicily. The fine beaches, baroque palaces and glorious Mount Etna are all major draws. The world-famous wines and food also...
- Departs on
- 2nd November 2021
Hop on board The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express and take a trip to a more glamorous time. The shimmering vintage carriages of the train bring to life golden age of luxury train travel. Belmond was founded by James B Sherwood in 1977....
Italy, full of flavour and culture. This itinerary sees you visit Milan, Sorrento, Pompeii and Rome amongst others with a heavy focus on cooking and the country’s vibrant art scene. You’ll try your hand at cooking, learning how to make...
Hotels in Italy
Getting to Italy
Getting to Italy is easy. Major international airlines fly to Rome and other airports such as Venice, Naples and Milan.
Call our travel experts on+44 (0)20 7157 1570
Italy is a wonderful country waiting to be discovered by you. The word ‘romance’ originates from Rome and rightly so, with it now known as the ‘city of romance’. The streets are lined with beautiful buildings and practically every street has a water fountain on it. Toss a coin into the Trevi fountain and legend has it if you throw three coins into the fountain, the first ensures you will return to Rome, the second means you will find romance and third means you will get married. It is these lovely stories and legends which make Rome such a magical place. With so many interesting places to visit and so many historical sites, you’ll never have a dull moment. There isn’t an ugly building in site and your stomach is sure to be satisfied with the many pizzerias and fine dining Italian restaurants. Venice is one of the most picturesque places Italy has to offer, the labyrinth of tiny canals, the floating buildings and stunning architecture makes it a fantastic place to simply wander. The great thing is, in Italy is there are so many places to visit, it is great if you are looking for a longer holiday. We can put a personalised itinerary together for you, enabling to visit wherever you would like. From the beautiful coastlines of Capri, the Amalfi Coast and Sicily. Visit the awesome Pompeii or for those looking for luxury take a stroll through the boutiques of Milan before heading up to the stunning Lake Como and Lake Garda.
- January1236°C - 13°CJanuary brings averages of 8°C in Rome, with around 25 mm of rainfall. Because of the colder temperatures, prices are lower so if you are looking to save money the best time to visit is during the winter.
- February3226°C - 14°CFebruary is similar to January with temperatures averaging at around 9°C.
- March3326°C - 17°CTemperatures start to pick up a bit with the average reaching around 12°C.
- April3328°C - 20°CApril is a good time to visit if you aren't a fan of hot weather but also don't want anything too cold. With averages hitting around 15°C, it brings a pleasant atmosphere with little rain.
- May33213°C - 24°CMay brings warmer temperatures and also a slight increase in average rainfall (33mm). Since it is on the cusp of the summer season it is a nice time to visit if you are looking to save money.
- June33317°C - 29°CJune is the start of peak season as the weather really picks up. Enjoy long hot sunny days and very little rainfall. The Amalfi Coast comes to life during the summer with temperatures averaging at 27°C.
- July33319°C - 32°CJuly is very similar to June, lots of hot sunshine and little to no rainfall. Again the Amalfi Coast is a fantastic place to visit as sea temperatures reach 25°C.
- August33318°C - 30°CWith it still being peak season prices are high for August but in return, you get glorious sunshine and virtually no rainfall. In Rome, temperatures average at 24°C.
- September33216°C - 27°CIn September, temperatures start to cool off slightly, so it would be a good time to go if you like the heat, but nothing scorching. Average rain precipitation increases to 42mm.
- October3212°C - 23°COctober sees milder temperatures and around the same rainfall as September.
- November3228°C - 18°CIn November daily averages in Rome drop to 13°C. Precipitation levels increase to 50mm. Average temperatures fall to 10°C in Rome.
- December3224°C - 15°CIn December rainfall jumps up quite a lot to around 96mm. If you are looking for that winter festive feeling then Rome is a great destination.
What Everyone Does In Italy
A visit to Italy must include a trip to Rome. Whether you spend one night there, or 5 nights, this versatile city is perfect for a short break but since there is so much to do, you can easily extend your trip. Visit the Colosseum, and it is definitely worth viewing it from the inside. A trip to the Vatican city is also recommended where you can see the Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museum.
What Some People Do In Italy
The Amalfi coastline is absolutely beautiful. If you are looking for luxurious boutique hotels, gorgeous coastline and quaint charming villages then the Amalfi coast will tick all the boxes. Sorrento is one of the well-known towns. Its stylish shops and stunning architecture make it a great place to stay if you want an authentic experience.
What No One Else Does In Italy
Why not try a little interrail adventure? Start in Venice and then visit Florence, Pisa and Rome. Each city is so different from the next it’s great when you experience them all. Trains in Italy are good or there are flight options in between cities as well.
From the Blog
LGBTQ Group Trip: The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express 2021
You’re planning the dream honeymoon and wedding. You want a destination with stunning landscapes, romantic hotels, great cuisine, perfect weather and loads of culture. And let’s be honest, you want to look good on Instagram. Where would the ideal place
Andalucia is the southernmost region of Spain. On a clear day, as you stroll along the beach or gaze down from the mountains, you can see North Africa. It contains the most varied landscapes in all of Spain, from alpine
Matera is the 2019 European Capital Of Culture. Perched above a ravine in the region of Basilicata, it’s one of the most beautiful and enigmatic cities Europe. It’s also Italy’s best-kept secret, having only emerged as a tourist destination in